February 22, 2012

158 Main, Jeffersonville VT


This past weekend we had breakfast at one of my favorite places - 158 Main in Jeffersonville.  As I sat there eating I realized I should blog about how much I love this place....too bad I didn't have my camera with me. Jeffersonville, VT is home to Smuggler's Notch Resort which is a popular spot for skiing, but is also popular all year round as a family resort. 

158 Main is a family style diner type place, and they make mostly everything from scratch.  They have delicious homemade bread which they use for toast and for all their sandwiches, and they also sell it by the loaf.  The portion sizes are HUGE, so you get a lot for what you pay.  Staff is friendly and for the most part service is usually pretty quick, but really that depends on time of day and who is in the kitchen I think.  We've gone and gotten our food quickly, but other times we've gone and felt like we waited a while so I think it all depends.  I've only had dinner there twice (both times were good) and lunch there twice (yummy both times), however I've eaten breakfast there wayyyyy more times than I can count.  Breakfast is my favorite there hands-down. I pretty much always get their veggie egg sandwich - which is egg whites with mushrooms, spinach, tomato and garlic served on multi-grain bread (I always add cheddar cheese to it) and it comes with home fries.  It is the best egg sandwich I've ever had....I love it so much I can't even remember the last time I ordered anything else!  The home fries are always good, however they are almost never the same which tells me they utilize their leftovers which I greatly admire (gotta love a place that tries not to waste anything).

My husband almost always gets the corned beef hash, which comes with 2 eggs any style, toast and home fries.  He used to always get the eggs over medium (I don't eat eggs like this at all, but I guess it's supposed to still be slightly runny in the middle) but for the last several times he ordered them like that they came out over cooked and he wasn't happy.  I suggested ordering them over easy and then maybe they'd come out the way he likes them but he refused to try that.  Instead he now orders scrambled eggs to go with the corned beef hash.  My son, who is 13, doesn't seem to have a favorite dish, and since they serve such large portions he goes back and forth between ordering off the kids menu (on the days he's just a little hungry) to ordering off the regular menu (which usually results in him not being able to finish).

All in all, it's a favorite local spot for us.  I would recommend it to anyone visiting the area - I don't think you will be disappointed! 158 Main Restaurant & Bakery on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. There is certainly a great deal to know about this subject. I like all of the points you made.
    http://www.uwork.ir
    http://www.uwork.ir ابزار وبلاگ

    ReplyDelete