November 14, 2012

Thai Chicken Marinade

 
I bring my lunch to work everyday, and the majority of the time it's a salad.  There is always some kind of protein in it, whether it's meat, fish, cheese or beans.  I'm sure it's not surprising that once in a while I need to try something new so the whole salad thing doesn't get too mundane.  So, the new recipe I tried for this week was this cilantro Thai chicken marinade.

I first need to state that if you don't like cilantro, you probably aren't going to like this marinade.  I happen to love cilantro, so that's why this recipe was so appealing to me.  This marinade gave the chicken a wonderful refreshing flavor, and it made the chicken incredibly moist.  Both of which are essential for a good marinade.  This girl gives this recipe two thumbs up!   (PS - please excuse my horrible photos for the next 5 months......winter in VT = terrible lighting for photos.)


Thai Chicken Marinade (from Artsy-Foodie.com)

4 skinless & boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp fish sauce (can substitute soy sauce)
1 tbsp sesame oil

Place all ingredients, except the chicken, in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.  Place the chicken breasts into a large seal-able plastic bag, and pour the marinade over top.  Seal the bag and move the chicken all around to make sure it's completely coated.  Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before cooking.

2 comments: