December 26, 2012

Rolo Stuffed Cookies


Sugar cookies are the one type of cookie I never make.  I like them, but for some reason I never think to make them.  So when we were asked if we'd like to buy cookie dough  for a fundraiser I decided on a box of sugar cookie dough.  They actually came in handy the last couple of weeks!  Then one day I saw a bag of Rolos stuffed in the cabinet and I knew right away I needed to try using them with the sugar cookies (I saw them somewhere....Pinterest probably).

When my son saw me putting them together, he said he didn't think it was a good idea.  He said he prefers the sugar cookies just plain.  My husband on the other hand....he was excited when he came home and I told him what was inside the cookie.  After trying them he said he preferred it to just the plain cookies, and I have to say I agree!  My son stuck to his guns though and opted to eat the plain sugar cookies.  That's OK, more for us!

Rolo Stuffed Sugar Cookies

Sugar cookie dough (use your favorite homemade recipe, or go ahead and use store bought)
Rolos

Preheat oven to 350, and spray your cookie sheets with cooking spray.  Take about a 1/4 cup of cookie dough and form it around one Rolo, then place on the cookie sheet.  Repeat until you've made as many as you want.  Place in oven and cook for about 12-14 minutes.  Remove from oven and let the tray set for a couple of minutes.  Then remove cookies and place on a wire rack to cool completely.  Doesn't get any easier than that!  You really could use any kind of cookie dough you want - snicker doodle dough, regular chocolate chip cookie dough, etc. 

4 comments: