January 21, 2013

Hawaiian Lettuce Wraps


Don't you love three day weekends?  Ahhh, I've been in heaven all day.  Both my husband and son are working today, which has given me time to tackle my long "to-do list".  I will admit I haven't gotten much done though....oh well, enjoying the time to myself sometimes has to take priority.  

I have been craving Hawaiian pizza big time for the last couple of days.  However, I am trying not to eat junk food, so I pondered how I could get that Hawaiian pizza flavor in a healthy way.  The best I could come up with were these wraps, and I thought they were pretty darn tasty.  They totally satisfied that urge for Hawaiian pizza I was having, so to me this recipe is a winner.  The pineapple really offset the tang of the Dijon, and all the flavors blended together so nicely.  Perfect healthy lunch...one I will be making more often for sure!



Hawaiian Lettuce Wraps

Romain Lettuce Leaves, rinsed and dried
6 slices of thin deli ham
2 slices of provolone cheese
Dijon mustard
Pineapple, chunks cut in half

Lay out the lettuce so it's nice and flat.  Spread a small amount of Dijon all over the lettuce.  Layer on the ham, cheese and pineapple.  Roll up tight & enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this today with turkey instead of ham. It won't be hawaiin, but it will be good. Thank you for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was truly an amazing combination of flavor. The spicy taste of the honey dijon mustard with the sweetness of the pineapple came together as a tropical taste. I used Collard Green leaves and cut out the middle vein as my wrap. The leaves are much larger and easier to roll. Next time I will add sliced avocado and black beans to make it more of a meal substitute.

    ReplyDelete