February 23, 2013

Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies


Is there anything better than peanut butter and chocolate together?  Try Nutella.  I had about 1/3 cup of it in my cabinet when my son asked for cookies....so, my first thought was to use up the Nutella in some type of cookie.  Then I spotted the enormous jar of peanut butter that we got at Costco and off went the light bulb - peanut butter Nutella cookies.

My husband has had a severe toothache and infection going on for the last few days which has caused one side of his face to swell and has also made him disinterested in food/eating.  I figured he wouldn't go near these because of his tooth issues, but alas...he just couldn't resist.  One bite, two bites, one cookie, two cookies.....not only could he not stop himself from eating them but he also couldn't stop raving about how good they were!  Try it....they are oh so good! 


Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies (makes 18 cookies)

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 & 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup Nutella

In the bowl of an electric stand mixer add both sugars, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and egg and mix until smooth and creamy.  In a separate small bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.  Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.  Add the Nutella and using a knife swirl it into the batter.  Refrigerate for 15 minutes.

While it's in the refrigerator, preheat your oven to 350 and spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.  When the dough is done chilling, scoop about a 1/4 cup of dough out and roll it into a ball and place on cookie sheet (no more than 12 on a cookie sheet).  With a fork, press down gently on each cookie to flatten it a bit and to give it the cookies a nice pattern on top.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.

29 comments:

  1. Nutella and PB really sounds good together and cookies look really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - they are super yummy :)

      Delete
    2. I didn't have any Nutella, so I added chocolate chips and unsalted peanuts. The basic cookie dough is perfect. Next time I'll try it with
      the the chocolate spread.

      Delete
    3. It really is a good base for whatever your heart desires. Sounds delish - thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Peanut butter and nutella are two of my favorites. I think I'll try these cookies for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you may have gotten inspiration from my cookies (see link below)! Since I've posted them a few years ago, I've seen a handful of others make the same recipe and they always end up looking better than mine did! Yours look absolutely perfect! Thanks for sharing!
    http://www.sweetestkitchen.com/2008/06/peanut-butter-nutella-cookies/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so delicious! I used to eat peanut butter with some Nutella on toast a few years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made a cookie similar to this before, and it's absolutely heavenly! I'll need to try your version :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never combined peanut butter and nutella. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could I use chunky peanut butter instead? I'm sure the bits of peanuts would get ground up pretty much in the electric mixer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keebler, How did they come out with the chunky PB? I want to make these, but chunky is all I have on hand :)

      Delete
  8. I would think that would be OK. Let me know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will, once I get around to making them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta love peanut butter cookies and I bet they're even better with nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much! I made these yesterday and they were delicious. I used crunchy peanut butter and added some chocolate chips as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made this recipe tonight and we loved them! When I saw the peanut butter/nutella combination in a cookie, I couldn't resist giving this a try. I'm not much of a baker, I prefer to cook, but these were very easy to make and were absolutely delicious! I will definitely make this cookie again and again.
    Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work.
    Vince

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked them Vince & thank you for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  13. Oh my god I can't stop eating the dough :0

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the recipe, these are extremely good :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm gonna try these now.... do you think I could leave out the white sugar? It seems like an awful lot of sugar, considering that nutella already has heaps. I guess it depends on your tastes, but I usually halve the sugar in recipes and they're plenty sweet enough. Do you think it would affect the consistency adversely if I reduced?
    Oh well,... i'll try it and let you know. If it's not great I can always use them for cheesecake crust! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I do think reducing the sugar may affect the consistency, I am a firm believer in trying new ideas - you just never know unless you try! Good luck and thanks for commenting! ☺

      Delete
  16. Well, how's about that? I tried them this morning and they were great! No problems with reducing the sugar, but then again, I hadn't made them the other way to compare.
    Really, considering how sweet they are without the white sugar, I don't think I could eat them with it. They do say, though that our Australian tastes run to less sugar than US tastes. I don't know about that, but I do know that lots of people here don't buy oreo's 'cause they're too sugary.
    I've never eaten an oreo to know, because I've always preferred homemade biscuits... having said that I just thought I should have said cookie for this site. I've been told what you call biscuit over there is more like our scones. The common language that divides us! hahahaha :-)
    Thanks for the recipe,
    Regards from sunny Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear they turned out perfectly! I'll have to try it - I'm all for reducing sugar where you can. Thanks for commenting all the way from Australia!

      Delete
  17. I added chocolate chips and used chunky peanut butter instead~ delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum these actually sound delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe.



    Simon

    ReplyDelete