March 19, 2013

Another Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe


I swore to myself last year that I wouldn't try another chocolate chip cookie recipe.  At my house, we all love my chocolate chip cookies and think they are the best (everyone does right?).  Over the years I have tried recipe after recipe but have always come back to my recipe.  Yet last year, there was so much hype about the NY Times chocolate chip cookie recipe that I just couldn't resist trying them.  I am really glad I did, because they are really quite delicious.  HOWEVER, those at my house still voted my cookies as their favorite. 

Last week I stumbled across the blog Sally's Baking Addiction  and after reading her post on her chocolate chip cookie recipe, I just couldn't resist trying them.  The way she described them definitely reeled me in!  I have seen this recipe around for a while as well, but never felt the urge to try them until I read what she had to say about them....plus the cookies in her pictures looked super yummy.  So I set out making ANOTHER chocolate chip cookie recipe this weekend.  I think I have a recipe addiction problem.



We all gave these cookies 2 thumbs up.  Very good cookies - thick, moist, soft yet chewy and downright delicious.  So we took a vote - my son said he couldn't really tell the difference, my husband said he likes mine better but that these were really good, and myself....I guess I'm on the fence, but in the end l think I'll be sticking to my recipe (click here for my recipe).  Thank you to Sally's Baking Addiction - these cookies are VERY good!  I did make a couple of slight changes, so here's what I did.....

Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from www.sallysbakingaddiction.com)


3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
Sea Salt

Preheat oven to 350, and spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.  In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed until light & fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla, scrapping down the sides as needed. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be thick and sticky. Chill for at least 30 minutes.

Once chilled, the dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together if you work the dough with your hands as you are rolling individual balls. I used about ¼ cup scoop for each cookie, rolling into balls and placing on cookie sheet. Sprinkle a tiny bit of sea salt on each ball.
Bake for about 12 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. Do NOT over-cook them. Remove and let cool for 3 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to cooling rack. Cookies stay soft and fresh for up to 10 days in an airtight container.  

2 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious! I would so love to try some. I am sure they taste amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfect chocolate chip cookies. I'm pretty sure they're so yummy.

    -KatzGlutenFree.com

    ReplyDelete