May 10, 2013

Honey Pork


I don't know about your neck of the woods, but Vermont has been absolutely beautiful everyday for a whole week.  Temps in the 80's on some days!  This may not seem like a big deal to you, but for us Vermonters, this is huge!  I remember getting a foot of snow on Mother's Day just a few years ago, so I am absolutely loving this weather.  I wish I could be home all day every day enjoying it, but oh well....can't have everything right?

Here is an oldie but goodie, pulled from the good old recipe box.  I don't know where I got this recipe from, but I do know that I alter it almost every time I make it depending on what I have on hand.  It's super quick to throw together, and the crock-pot does all the work.  Perfect weeknight meal....especially if you are like me and your children are playing sports, which means you don't get home after the games in enough time to make dinner!

 
Honey Pork

3 lbs country style pork ribs or chicken
4 tbsp honey mustard
4 tbsp honey
4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup honey BBQ sauce
1 cup beef broth or water

Add everything except the pork to the crock pot and mix together.  Place in the pork or chicken and make sure it's covered in the sauce (may need to add extra water and BBQ sauce).  Cook 8 hrs on low or 5 hrs on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment