October 21, 2013

Roasted Cauliflower


I realized recently that I've tried roasting pretty much every vegetable under the sun, except cauliflower.  After giving it some thought, I still couldn't come up with a reason why it never occurred to me to roast cauliflower.  I usually steam it when I cook it, but half the time I overcook it and it turns into mushy cauliflower (which is still yummy).  In my opinion, every vegetable tastes better when roasted.  So I decided it was time to roast up some cauliflower and see if that theory holds true. 

The result - the best cauliflower I've ever had.  NO MUSH!  The roasting intensified the flavor of the cauliflower, and it tasted amazing.  Love, love, love this!  If I had my way, this would be the only way I'd ever cook cauliflower for the rest of my life.  However, my husband said that he still prefers it steamed....even though he said this was really good.  He's such a creature of habit, but I still love him!  Try this for yourself and decide if it's the best cauliflower you've ever had ☺


Roasted Cauliflower (serves 4)


1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1/4 cup garlic infused olive oil (you could use regular olive oil if you prefer)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded is fine)
Salt & Pepper 

Preheat oven to 425 and place the florets into a 9x13 baking dish.  Pour the olive oil over the cauliflower, and sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.  Toss to make sure all the cauliflower is covered in the olive oil.  Place in oven and bake for about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.  Remove from oven (the cauliflower should be a nice light golden color) and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.

1 comment: